Art imitates life... this blog is about the experiences and the people that shape my life and inspire my designs.
To view the complete Fashletics Jewelry Collection please visit www.fashletics.com. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, August 30, 2010

Race Day is Almost Here!

I'm of to Scotland for the ITU Duathlon World Championships! This photo was taken at the qualifier in Richmond, VA back in April. I've been training hard - CrossFit Endurance style of course - and I'm ready to race! Feeling better than ever and unbelievably excited for this amazing experience!

The Duathlon event consists of a 10km run, 40km cycle and 5km run and is expected to attract hundreds of elite and age group competitors from around the world to the Scottish capital where they will compete around Holyrood Park, Arthur’s Seat and the Scottish Parliament on September 4th.
The Edinburgh course is expected to be one of the most challenging ever used for an ITU Duathlon World Championships as athletes contend with the tough climbs of a multiple lap circuit around Holyrood Park and Arthur's Seat.  It will showcase the city of Edinburgh and Scotland as the perfect destination for the world's biggest and best sporting events.

HUGE thanks to my coach Fernando for  preparing me for competition in every way possible. Thank you to my friends, fellow athletes, family, and hubby for insane amounts of support and love.  Moments like this in life would mean nothing without people to share them with. I am one lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment